The Equity, Diversity, and Action Committee (EDAC) is the consultative body of the District Governance Senate on academic and professional matters related to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
To meet its charge, the primary duties and responsibilities of EDAC are as follows:
- Make recommendations for the creation, editing and reviewing of Board and Administrative Policies related to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Make recommendations on institutional strategic planning related to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Work with other constituent and governing groups, including Human Resources and Faculty Enrichment Committee, in providing equity, diversity, inclusion, and professional development and training to students, faculty, management, and staff.
- Partner with the Equal Employment Opportunities Committee in the development, implementation, and assessment of the District Equal Employment Opportunity Plan regarding the hiring practices.
- Promote change in attitudes, awareness, and practices regarding equity, diversity, and inclusion throughout the District.