The best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed to the virus that causes COVID-19. There are several simple everyday preventive actions that you can take to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses. Please also review the COVID-19 Fact Sheet.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
If you are sick, to keep from spreading respiratory illness to others, you should:
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
For those who would like more information, here is a link to a Corona virus fact sheet.
Although there are 3 individuals currently under self-quarantine in Tulare County, there are no confirmed cases of the virus here at this time. If further information becomes available, we will pass that along.