The Access & Ability Testing Center on the Tulare Campus provides a distraction-reduced environment where testing is monitored throughout the exam period.
Building A, Student Services Counter
Tulare Testing Center: Building A, Room 207n
Access & Ability Center Exam Proctoring
This service is provided to Access & Ability Center students who qualify for testing accommodations. Such approved accommodations include readers, writers, extended time and/or use of assistive technology programs.
- Students must test on the same day/time as the class.
- Students need to schedule (at least) 2 days prior to test date.
- Students who qualify for a reader/writer must request one at the time of making a testing appointment.
- All students must abide by the rules and policies set forth by their instructor and Testing Center staff.
- All testing irregularities will be reported to the instructor and/or institution for which the exam is being proctored.
- Test proctoring is an opportunity to provide equal access to testing and does NOT provide an unfair advantage to Access & Ability Center students.
Make-up Exam Proctoring - All COS students
This service is provided to any COS student who has missed or will miss an in-class exam. Students must have their instructor's approval to take a make-up exam.
- Instructor's must complete the make-up form and have the exam on file prior to student testing.
- Students must present valid picture identification at testing appointment.
- Once an instructor has authorized the make-up exam, students should contact (559)688-3010 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule their exam.
- All make-up exams will be delivered at the end of the day to the instructor's interoffice mailbox in the faculty lounge, B230.
- All testing irregularities will be reported to the instructor and/or the institution for which the exam is being proctored.
Procedures for Testing Center
Steps to testing in the Access & Ability Testing Center (every semester)
Note: You must make an appointment (at least) 2 days prior to the test date.
- Request a copy of your Authorized Accommodations (AA) forms from the Access & Ability Center Office.
- Give a copy of your AA form to your instructor. This informs your instructor that you qualify for Access & Ability Center services.
- Sign up with the Testing Center. We will send the necessary paperwork to your instructor.
- Make an appointment to take your test in the Testing Center (at least) 2 days in advance. To schedule a COS testing appointment, please call (559)688-3010 or email email@example.com.
- Notify your instructor of your testing arrangements (date and time).
- Arrive to your testing appointment on time.