Sign In
Back To Top


  Enter a Vimeo Video ID here to insert a video at the top of this column.
  Enter a Vimeo Video ID here to insert a video at the top of this column.

 What is Degree Works?

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Degree Works is a tool that allows students to monitor their academic progress towards completion of a degree or certificate. Degree Works is also the place to view your student education plan created by your counselor. Degree Works is available in your MyGiant M​enu​

Degree Works is designed to assist in academic advising but is not intended to replace your one-on-one session with a counselor. Students must still meet with a counselor to apply for graduation. Please be aware of dates and deadlines​ for graduation applications each semester.  To apply for a certificate, students must submit the Certificate Application to one of the three places listed below. 

  • Visalia Campus:  Admissions & Records, Room 107 
  • Hanford Campus:  The Hub, Educational Building  
  • Tulare Campus:  Building A, Student Services​


 Benefits of Degree Works

  • Review your Degree Works SEP Student Education Plan created by your Counselor
  • ​​Stay on Track towards completion with the audit features
  • ​Finish your degree or certificate in a timely manner
  • Understand the course options available​ for general education
  • Generate "What If" audits for other majors to see how close you are to another degree
  • Calculate your GPA 

*if the degree listed on your Degree Works audit is incorrect, you must meet with a counselor to update your major in our banner system. ​​