Every New Student Needs to Complete the Following Steps:
- Complete an online admission application at www.cos.edu
- Request official copies of transcripts from all schools attended (Including Military transcripts). Transcripts should be mailed to:
College of the Sequoias
Office of Admissions & Records
915 S. Mooney Blvd.
Visalia, CA 93277
Request Air Force Transcripts here
- Submit a copy of DD-214 Member Copy 4 (if a veteran) or DD-2384 Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE, if in Reserves) to the COS Veterans Office and the admissions office.
- Take the COS placement test for Math and English in the Assessment office in Sequoia Room 157. If you are a new student, you must complete New Student Orientation. Submit a copy of your placement test results
- Make an appointment with the veteran’s counselor in Sequoia 106 (559.730.3854) to develop a veterans student education plan. Bring copies of all unofficial transcripts to initial veterans counseling appointment.
- First time applying for benefits?
Yes-Go to 6A No-Go to 6B
6A. Initial Application or Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
6B. Transfer Students/Change of Program or Place of Training
* You may apply online through the Veterans On-Line Application (VONAPP) at www.benefits.va.gov. Click on Apply online. Print a copy of your completed application and submit a copy to the Veterans Office.
All students are highly encouraged to apply for financial aid (fafsa.ed.gov)
- Read, sign, and return the Memo of Understanding to the Veterans Office.
- Complete a semester request form, required each semester, and return to the Veterans Office.
- If you are pursuing a certificate, read and sign the certificate memo.
- If you are enrolling in the POST Academy read and sign the special program memo.
- CH 33 only: Complete and return a COS Fee Deferment Form to the Veterans Office.
- CH 35 only: Contact the County Veterans Service Office to see if you qualify for the College Fee Waiver Program for Veterans Dependents
3/26/2015 10:01 AM