Every New Student Needs to Complete the Following Steps:

  1. Complete an online admission application at www.cos.edu

  2. Request official copies of transcripts from all schools attended (Including Military transcripts). Transcripts should be mailed to:
College of the Sequoias
Office of Admissions & Records
915 S. Mooney Blvd.
Visalia, CA 93277
Request Air Force Transcripts here
All other branches please complete the transcript release form
  1. Submit a copy of DD-214 Member Copy 4 (if a veteran) or DD-2384 Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE, if in Reserves) to the COS Veterans Resource Center and the admissions office.

  2. Take the COS placement test for Math and English in the Assessment office in Sequoia Room 157. If you are a new student, you must complete New Student Orientation.  Submit a copy of your placement test results

  3. Make an appointment with the veteran’s counselor in Sequoia 106 (559.730.3854) to develop a veterans student education plan. Bring copies of all unofficial transcripts to initial veterans counseling appointment.

  4. First time applying for benefits?

       Yes-Go to 6A               No-Go to 6B

6A. Initial Application or Certificate of Eligibility (COE)

    • Chapter 30, 33, 1606, 1607-VA Form 22-1990
    • Chapter 33TEB- VA Form 1990E
    • Chapter 35-VA Form 22-5490
    • Chapter 31- VA Form 28-1900

6B. Transfer Students/Change of Program or Place of Training

    • Chapter 30, 33, 1606, 1607-VA Form 22-1995
    • Chapter 35, 33TEB-VA Form 22-5495
* You may apply online through the Veterans On-Line Application (VONAPP) at https://www.vets.gov/education/apply/​ Print and submit confirmation to the Veterans Resource Center.
  1. Read, sign, and return the Memo of Understanding to the Veterans Office.

  2. Complete a semester request form, required each semester, and return to the Veterans Office.

  3. If you are pursuing a certificate, read and sign the certificate memo.

  4. If you are enrolling in thePost Academy read and sign the POST Academy Memo.

  5. CH 35 only: Contact the County Veterans Service Office to see if you qualify for the California Dependent Fee Waiver
    • Tulare County Veterans Service Office (559) 713-2880
    • Kings County Veterans Service Office (559) 852-2660
  6. All students are highly encouraged to apply for financial aid (fafsa.ed.gov)
Last Updated: 1/24/2018 9:51 AM