What is a Learning Community?
A Learning Community consists of two or more linked classes. These classes may be connected by one, or more, of the following:
- the same students are in each class
- if the instructors decide to, information and assignments can be shared between classes
- there may be a common theme in each of the classes (this also depends on the instructors)
- and/or a team of instructors are working together
- the courses are, typically, limited to 25 students
Why join a Learning Community?
A Learning Community gives students the opportunity to take classes with the same group of students. The idea is to help students build relationships with their peers so they can help each other handle the transition to college.
- Students in this kind of environment tend to have better grades during their first year.
- You can get more out of your classes.
- You can make friends faster and easier.
- You'll have an inside scoop on campus resources and opportunities.
What Learning Communities are currently offered?
2/6/2013 12:54 PM