What is a Cohort?
A First-Year Experience (FYE) Cohort is a class supported by the First-Year Experience Program. A list of current FYE Cohorts is available below.
What is a Learning Community?
A Learning Community consists of two or more linked classes. These classes may be connected by one, or more, of the following:
- the same students are in each class
- if the instructors decide to, information and assignments can be shared between classes
- there may be a common theme in each of the classes (this also depends on the instructors)
- and/or a team of instructors are working together
- the courses are, typically, limited to 25 students
Why join a Learning Community?
A Learning Community gives students the opportunity to take classes with the same group of students. The idea is to help students build relationships with their peers so they can help each other handle the transition to college.
- Students in this kind of environment tend to have better grades during their first year.
- You can get more out of your classes.
- You can make friends faster and easier.
- You'll have an inside scoop on campus resources and opportunities.
What Cohorts and Learning Communities are currently offered?
RESERVED FOR FIRST-YEAR STUDENTS:
FYE ENGLISH SECTIONS
#13011 ENGL 360 MWF, 12:10-2:00 & T, 1:10-2:0 (Stutsman)
#12239 ENGL 360 MWF, 9:10-11:00 & M, 8:10-9:00 (Moore)
#10652 ENGL 251 MW, 9:10-11:00 (Thomas)
#13431 ENGL 405 MW, 11:10-12:00 (Thomas)
#10645 ENGL 251 TTH, 8:10-10:00 (Bonds)
#10282 ENGL 1 TTH, 8:10-10:00 (Rush)
#10334 ENGL 1 TTH, 10:10-12:00 (Armstrong)
#14025 ENGL 405 TTH, 12:10-1:00 (Armstrong)
#10335 ENGL 1 TTH, 10:10-12:00 (Turner)
#14741 ENGL 405 TTH, 12:10 – 1:00 (Turner)
FYE MATH SECTIONS
#13850 MATH 360 MTWTH, 12:10 – 1:00 (Woodbury)
#12596 MATH 200 MTWTH, 12:10-1:00 (Batenhorst)
#13437 MATH 405 MW, 1:10-2:00 (Batenhorst)
#13857 MATH 230 MTWTH, 8:10-9:00 (Qualls)
#13438 MATH 405 TTH, 9:10-10:00 (Qualls)
AVAILABLE TO ANY COS STUDENT:
Learning Skills Lab:
#14198 IS 308 Instructional Support Lab (Conway) Times to be arranged
between student and Kathleen Conway.
#14413 HDEV 121 MW 12:10-1:00 (Beltran)