Mutual Responsibility Contract
All EOPS student participants need to understand and adhere to the EOPS Mutual Responsibility Contract as follows:
- Meet with an EOPS Counselor at least twice per semester.
- Meet with an EOPS Paraprofessional (staff member) at least once per semester.
- Enroll in a Counseling 110, Counseling 125, or Human Development 120 course during your first or second semester of acceptance.
- Maintain at least 9 units per semester to receive the EOPS grant if eligible.
- Meet with an EOPS Counselor if you receive an Early Alert notification indicating that you are receiving a letter grade of "D" or "F" prior to the end of the semester.
- Authorize the release of information to and from the EOPS Program for monitoring and evaluation purposes.
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) every academic year.
- Adhere to the Student Educational Plan (SEP) and meet with an EOPS Counselor to make changes.
- Ensure satisfactory academic progress is made towards your defined educational goal.
- Update your personal information (e.g., name, address and telephone number) through Banner Web.
- Adhere to the Student Standards of Conduct per COS Board Policy 5500 including, but not limiited to, disruptive behavior, willful disobedience, habitual profanity or vulgarity, or the open and persistent defiance of authority of, or persistent abuse of, College personnel. Failure to do so will result in the removal from the EOPS Program.
Student Responsibility: Failure to comply with the EOPS Mutual Responsibility Contract will result in termination from the EOPS Program at the end of the academic semester unless a pre-approved arrangement is made with the EOPS Director. Falsified, fraudulent or misrepresentation of any information in connection with applying for or receiving EOPS services will result in immediate termination from the EOPS Program.
Limitations on Eligibility: In accordance with state law, students may only participate in the EOPS Program for six consecutive semesters or until they complete over 70 degree applicable units whichever comes first.
8/29/2012 1:25 PM