Mission statement: WorkAbility III (WA III) is collaboration between California Department of Rehabilitation and College of the Sequoias which provides career preparation services to students with disabilities leading to gainful employment.
WAIII implements supportive vocational training/services including:
Pre-vocational Services - Employment portfolio development, interviewing skills, job seeking skills, advocacy awareness, career exploration/development
Employability Skills - Communication with co-workers and supervisors, work behavior/attitude, appropriate grooming/dress, expectations of a job, resources & referral.
Employment Development/Placement - On-the-job training, work experience, job placement assistance.
WorkAbility III participants must be:
1. A student attending College of the Sequoias; AND
2. A client receiving services from California Department of Rehabilitation.
To contact the California Department of Rehabilitation please visit www.rehab.cahwnet.gov or call Voice (559) 735-3838 / TTY (559) 735-3836
Employers benefit from WorkAbility III
The WAIII program realizes the community and local businesses have specific issues
and needs that must be met. In addition to assisting our students in achieving their
goals, the program is also concerned with meeting the needs of the local community
and employers, through:
- Training & information on individuals with disabilities and disability legislation.
- Providing information about federal and state tax credits.
- Making appropriate referrals to fulfill employment needs.
- Presenting educated and motivated workers.
- Follow-up with employees & employer to ensure employee/employer satisfaction.
- Connection with a network of college & community resources
Printable Forms and Documents
Employment Barrier Checklist
The Realities of Hiring People with Disabilities
Maria Hamid, WorkAbility III Coordinator
Disability Resource Center
North Sequoia Building
(559) 730-3805 Office
(559) 730-3803 Fax