CalWORKS Work Study
What is Work Study?
Work Study is paid part-time employment available to eligible CalWORKs students to help meet the mandatory welfare to work hours. Students interested in Work Study should contact the CalWORKs staff at 559.730.3864.
Who is eligible for the Work Study?
- Students enrolled in 6 or more units at College of the Sequoias
- Receiving TANF/CalWORKs benefits (cash aid)
- Eligible for Financial Aid
- In good academic standing
- In good standing with the county welfare office
- Paid minimum wage for up to 26 hours per week
- Wages earned are exempt from TANF reduction
- Students gain valuable work experience and professional references
- Select the employer and position of placement
- Employment opportunities are available in various fields of study
- Work Study is an approved activity that counts towards mandated hours
College of the Sequoias
915 South Mooney Boulevard
Sequoia Building Room 112
Visalia, CA 93277
TEL: 559.730.3864 Fax: 559.730.3989
10/24/2014 2:51 PM