Child Care Resources


CalWORKs students may be eligible to receive paid child care services through the county welfare departments or through subsidized child care programs through the CalWORKs Program.


The CalWORKs Program offers paid child care to eligible families.  Services are available on a first come, first served basis and funding is limited.  Students must meet with a CalWORKs staff for consideration of services.  For more information, call (559)730-3990 or email


CalWORKs students should first check with their workers at the County Welfare Department to inquire about eligibility for paid child care services while participating in school and work-related activities.     


Kings County
  • Avenal Office:  (559) 386-1242
  • Hanford Office:  (559) 582-3211 
  • Corcoran Office:  (559) 992 5080


Tulare County
  • Dinuba Office:  (559) 595-7103
  • Lindsay Office:  (559) 562-7400
  • Porterville Office:  (559) 793-360
  • Tulare Office:  (559) 687-6700
  • Visalia Office:  (559) 624-8100



Resource and Referral Agencies     ( R & R ) provide information about child care to parents, providers, teachers, and the community.   Local R & R’s can offer parents information on finding quality child care and current child care options.     



Kings County
Kings Community Action Organization
1222 W. Lacey Blvd.
Hanford, CA 93230
(559) 582-4386



Tulare County
Tulare County Child Care
7000 Doe Ave, Suite C
Visalia, CA 93291
(559) 651-3026
(800) 613-6262




College of the Sequoias
CalWORKs Program

915 South Mooney Boulevard

Sequoia Building Room 112

Visalia, CA 93277

TEL: 559.730.3864
Fax: 559.730.3989




Last Updated: 10/28/2014 2:27 PM