College of the Sequoias
Deadline to file for an Associate Degree for Spring 2015: February 26, 2015
Visit a COS Counseling office to complete a graduation application packet with a counselor
* Visalia Sequoia Building, Room 103 * Hanford Hub * Tulare Bldg A
You must meet with a counselor to determine qualification for graduation
* Counseling Center Link * Academic Calendar * Important Dates
Address - Email - Graduation Ceremony
The Student Activities and Affairs office will be contacting all Fall 2014 graduates and Spring 2015 graduate / candidates in March. Students should check their mailing address in Banner to make sure it is correct. Also, most correspondence will be sent through the giant.cos.edu student email system. Students should make sure their email is active and checked frequently in Spring 2015.
See links below.]
Grad Fest 2015:
Friday, April (tbd) 2015 - 8am - 2pm
COS Bookstore (Giant Forest Bldg.)
This is when graduates will sign up to participate in the ceremony*
Cap, Gown, Tassel information/prices
Note: If you are borrowing a cap/gown - it must be approved at the Student Activities and Affairs office.
*During the Grad Fest, Graduate/candidates will purchase and take their graduation attire with them (cap/gown/tassel)
[If you are unable to attend the Grad Fest - visit the COS Bookstore during normal business hours (M-F) to purchase grad attire]
[May (tbd) 2015 deadline to purchase graduation cap/gown/tassel]
· Pay for the video at the Cashiers office (Sequoia Rm 102).
o DVD - $ 5
o Blu-Ray - $ 7
· Take the receipt to the Audio Visual office (Sycamore Rm 106)
2015 Commencement Ceremony - Thursday, May 21, 2015 - 7:00 pm:
* Graduates arrive at the Redwood Gym at 5 pm for check-in and instructions
* 2015: Live Stream of the ceremony: www.cos.edu/costv
* Information regarding the ceremony has been emailed to graduate's giant.cos.edu emails.
The Director of the Student Activities and Affairs office coordinates the Graduation Ceremony.
Informational email blasts will be sent out weekly beginning January 2015 to COS students. (giant.cos.edu email accounts)
Letters with graduation information will be mailed and emailed in March 2015.
[Fall 2014 graduates and Spring 2015 graduate candidates]
Important Information - Links
* Diplomas: Graduates may pick up their diploma at the Admissions & Records office (must have a valid photo ID).
* Banner: Log into Banner make sure your mailing address is correct
12/12/2014 4:31 PM