College of the Sequoias
2017 Commencement Ceremony - Thursday, May 25, 2017 - 7:00 pm:
* Graduates arrive at the Redwood Gym at 5 pm for check-in and instructions
* Information regarding the ceremony has been emailed to graduate's giant.cos.edu emails.
* You will check in and receive instructions for the ceremony (see letter with instructions below)
* No decorated caps/gowns
* No purses or personal items
* Cell phones will be allowed – must be set on silent
* Remind family and friends – no balloons, large signs, or noise makers will be allowed in the stadium
Deadline to file for an Associate Degree
Visit a COS Counseling office to complete a graduation application packet with a counselor
* Visalia Sequoia Building, Room 103 * Hanford Hub * Tulare Building A
You must meet with a counselor to determine qualification for graduation
* Counseling Center Link * Academic Calendar * Important Dates
Participating (walking) Graduates:
(more info follow)
Address - Email - Graduation Ceremony
The Student Activities and Affairs office will be contacting all Fall 2016 graduates and Spring 2017 graduate / candidates in March. Students should check their mailing address in Banner to make sure it is correct. Also, most correspondence will be sent through the giant.cos.edu student email system. Students should make sure their email is active and checked frequently in Spring 2017.
(more info to follow soon!)
Grad Fest 2017:
March 31, 2017 - 8:30 am - 3 pm
COS Bookstore (Visalia Campus - Giant Forest Bldg.)
This is when graduates will sign up to participate in the ceremony*
Cap, Gown, Tassel information/prices
For more information - [Flyer will be posted soon!]
If you are borrowing a cap/gown - it must be approved at the
Student Activities and Affairs office.
[If you are unable to attend the Grad Fest - visit the COS Bookstore
during normal business hours (M-F) to purchase grad attire]
[May 5, 2017 deadline to purchase graduation cap/gown/tassel]
* During the Grad Fest: Graduate/candidates will purchase
and take their graduation attire with them (cap/gown/tassel)
First 100 graduates may fill out a postcard to sign up
to record a message.
(15 second message to be played while guests arrive in the stadium.)
COS Commencement Videos:
· Pay for the video at the Cashiers office (Sequoia Rm 102).
o DVD - $ 5
o Blu-Ray - $ 7
· Take the receipt to the Audio Visual office (Sycamore Rm 106)
The Director of the Student Activities and Affairs office coordinates the Graduation Ceremony.
Informational email blasts will be sent out weekly beginning January 2016 to COS students. (giant.cos.edu email accounts)
Letters with graduation information will be mailed and emailed in March 2015.
[Fall 2015 graduates and Spring 2016 graduate candidates]
Graduation - Participant Letter & Map:
Informational letters will be posted on the web sent to graduate/candidates
in Spring 2016
Important Information - Links
10/24/2016 4:33 PM