College of the Sequoias
2017 Commencement Ceremony - Thursday, May 25, 2017 - 7:00 pm:
* Graduates arrive at the Redwood Gym at 5 pm for check-in and instructions
* Information regarding the ceremony has been emailed to graduate's giant.cos.edu emails.
* You will check in and receive instructions for the ceremony (see letter with instructions below)
* No decorated caps/gowns
* No purses or personal items
* Cell phones will be allowed – must be set on silent
* Remind family and friends – no balloons, large signs, or noise makers will be allowed in the stadium
Deadline to file for an Associate Degree
Graduates Participating (Walking) in the Commencement Ceremony:
1a - Letter_grads - Honors*
2 - Letter_grads walking
* (Grads with an accumulative gpa of 3.500 - please check your giant email to view letters for: Honor Cords, Honors Reception, and Class Speaker)
[Note: email attachments don't show up when viewing on phones. If you have questions or need assistance, please visit the Student Activities & Affairs office.]
(check back for info & updates)
Address - Email - Graduation Ceremony
The Student Activities and Affairs office will be contacting all Fall 2016 graduates and Spring 2017 graduate / candidates in March.
Students should check their mailing address in Banner to make sure it is correct. Diplomas / Degrees will be mailed.
Commencement correspondence will only be sent to giant.cos.edu student email system.
Visit a COS Counseling office to complete a graduation application packet
* Visalia Sequoia Building, Room 103 * Hanford Hub * Tulare Building A
You must meet with a counselor to determine qualification for graduation
* Counseling Center Link * Academic Calendar * Important Dates
Grad Fest 2017:
March 31, 2017 - 8:30 am - 3:00 pm
COS Bookstore (Visalia Campus - Giant Forest Bldg.)
This is when graduates will sign up to participate in the ceremony*
If you are borrowing a cap/gown - it must be approved at the
Student Activities and Affairs office (Giant Forest bldg)
[If you are unable to attend the Grad Fest - visit the COS Bookstore
during normal business hours (M-F) to purchase grad attire]
[May 10, 2017 - deadline to purchase graduation cap/gown/tassel]
* During the Grad Fest: Graduate/candidates will purchase
and take their graduation attire with them (cap/gown/tassel)
First 100 graduates may fill out a postcard to sign up
to record a graduation message.
(15 second message to be played while guests arrive in the stadium.)
COS Commencement Videos:
· Pay for the video at the Cashiers office (Sequoia Rm 102).
o DVD - $ 5
o Blu-Ray - $ 7
· Take the receipt to the Audio Visual office (Sycamore Rm 106)
The Director of the Student Activities and Affairs office coordinates the Graduation Ceremony.
Informational email blasts will be sent out weekly beginning January 2017 to COS students. (giant.cos.edu email accounts)
Letters with graduation information will be mailed and emailed in March 2017.
[Fall 2016 graduates and Spring 2017 graduate candidates]
Graduation - Participant Letter & Map:
Informational letters will be posted on the web and will be emailed to graduates/candidates in Spring 2017
Important Information - Links
4/10/2017 12:09 PM