District Police Forms
Carpool Parking Permits
Student Carpool Parking
The Student Carpool Zone is monitored to ensure that only vehicles, with 2 or more COS registered students displaying the required permits enter the designated area. Please note that the carpool zone may be impacted during the first 2 weeks of the new semester. The carpool zone is available to authorized students meeting the minimum requirements, on a first come first served basis.
The following requirements must be met in order to qualify for a carpool parking permit:
- A minimum of 2 COS registered students per vehicle arriving to campus
- At least one applicant must own a current student semester parking permit
- Applicants must live within a close proximity of each other or commute to campus along the same route
Carpool Parking Regulations
- A minimum of 2 registered carpoolers must enter the carpool parking area. Vehicles with a single driver dropping off carpool partners at other campus locations will not be allowed.
- Only one carpool permit will be issued per carpool group
- The carpool permit must be displayed as indicated along with a current student semester parking permit and is only valid in the Student Carpool Zone
- Permits are limited and issued on a first come first served basis
- Should the carpool permit be lost or stolen, contact District Police for a replacement
How to Apply for a Student Carpool Permit:
Complete this application and submit it to the District Police:
- All applications will be reviewed and are subject to approval.
- Permits are issued on a first come, first served basis.
- Applicants who did not pick up their carpool permit from a previous semester will not be eligible to receive a new carpool permit.
- Applicants who do not meet the requirements will not be approved.
- All approved applicants' permits will be mailed to the listed address of the Carpool Coordinator.
Recognizing that some students may have special circumstances, transferable permits are available upon request. To obtain a transferable permit, complete the Special Consideration Permit Request located below and submit it to District Police. All requests will be reviewed by the Chief of Police and a determination made on a case by case basis. Request must be made prior to purchase of a permit.
Low Emission Vehicle Parking
In keeping with its commitment to sustainability, College of the Sequoias, in conjunction with its LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Green Rating System) certified Tulare College Center, has installed parking spaces reserved for Hybrid and Low Emission Vehicles. To park in one of these spaces, a vehicle must display a COS LEV Parking Permit.
To qualify for a decal, the vehicle must be either a hybrid or it must meet the LEED criteria/definition of an LEV which is as follows: "...vehicles that are either classified as Zero Emission Vehicles (ZEV) by the California Air Resources Board or have achieved a minimum green score of 40 on the American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy (ACEEE)."
Please complete the application and return it to COS District Police located on the Visalia Campus in Blue Oak 903, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or FAX it to 730-3989.
All submitted applications will be screened against the ACEEE issued list of LEED 2000-2011 Certified Vehicles. The ACEEE list is updated annually and covers vehicles from 2000.
2/7/2013 10:10 AM