Counseling Department Services
Counselors at College of the Sequoias provide:
- Educational and career guidance
- Interpretation of Assessment scores
- Student Education Plans
- Referrals for other services on and off campus
- Support the progress and successful achievement of the student's goal through follow-up service
- Personal and social concerns are also addressed as they relate to college success
Because accurate information is essential, our counselors are dedicated to ensuring that students receive current and correct information. This information is usually documented in a Student Educational Plan which reflects the current stated goal of a student. Students wishing to change their major should see a counselor to revise their Student Educational Plan.
It is advised that students make appointments well in advance of registration because of the high demand for counseling.
College of the Sequoias provides a number of services to help new students get accustomed to the processes and services offered to incoming freshman as well as continuing students. New students should be aware that college is very different from the high school process. The high school student tips document and college readiness brochure will help students understand those differences. New students should also take advantage of the list of services below.
6/20/2016 8:17 AM