Learning Resource Center Code of Conduct
The Learning Resource Center (LRC) strives to promote an environment that is suitable for individual and group study, reading, and research activity. Behaviors that prohibit or interfere with such activity will not be tolerated. Prohibited behaviors and actions are described below.
Any LRC patron who violates these rules is subject to removal from the premises and/or being reported to the Dean of Students and COS police.
· Creating a disturbance or behaving in a manner that interferes with normal use of the LRC. Such disturbances may include, but are not limited to: excessive noise, loud conversations or laughter, obscene or abusive language, use of music devices without effective head phones, setting off fire alarms, and defying authority).
· Harassing, threatening, or blocking the free movement of any student or staff member in the LRC.
· Being disrespectful or discourteous to any student or staff member in the LRC.
· Consuming food or drink in the LRC. Capped water bottles and drinks with lids are permitted.
· Use of tobacco or tobacco products, alcohol, or illegal drugs.
· Carrying weapons.
· Soliciting or selling.
· Leaving children unsupervised in the LRC.
· Animals inside of the LRC are prohibited except for those used as service animals (or service animals in training).
· During peak hours LRC computers may be used only for academic research and coursework activity. Only those students with a COS or CSUF ID card may use the computers. Students in violation of this rule may be asked to leave the LRC and/or have their login accounts suspended.
· LRC computers may not be used to view web sites that contain pornography, real or animated. Students in violation of this rule may be asked to leave the LRC and/or have their login accounts suspended.
· The installation of software on LRC computers is prohibited. Students in violation of this rule may be asked to leave the LRC and/or have their login accounts suspended.
LRC MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT
· Removing LRC materials or property without proper issuance (check-out) or authorization.
· Rearranging LRC furniture or equipment without authorization from an LRC staff member.
· Mutilating and defacing materials and property. This includes but is not limited to: underlining in books, highlighting in books, tearing pages from books/magazines, carving tables and/or furniture, and tagging LRC furniture and walls (including the restrooms).
Consult the COS Board Policy (BP 5500) Standards of Conduct for more information regarding student behavior.
4/18/2013 9:26 AM