Learning Resource Center Conduct Policy
In order to ensure an environment conducive to study and research, Learning Resource Center users are required to refrain from the activities listed below:
- Creating a disturbance or behaving in a manner that interferes with normal use of the Learning Resource Center (Including but not limited to rowdiness, noise, loud conversations or laughter, obscene or abusive language, using radios, tape players, etc. without the effective use of headphones, falsely setting off fire alarms, or defying authority).
- Specific to the Learning Resource Center computers, students are required to refrain from the following behaviors:
Using computers for purposes other than academic research and completion of coursework. Learning Resource Center staff may monitor computer activity.
Using computers if you are not a currently enrolled COS or Fresno Pacific University, or CSUF (with ID card) student.
Using computers to view pornography or nudity, real or animated.
Installing personal software.
Congregating in computer carrels in a noisy and distracting manner. No more than two people may be at a computer at one time.
Students in violation of the above may be asked to leave and/or have their login accounts removed.
- Removing or attempting to remove Learning Resource Center materials or property without checking them out.
- Mutilating Learning Resource Center materials by marking, underlining, or removing pages or portions of pages, or defacing Learning Resource Center materials or property in any way.
- Leaving cell phones and pagers on.
- Rearranging furniture or equipment from one location to another without permission.
- Consuming food or drink in the Learning Resource Center except for capped bottled water.
- Smoking or using smokeless tobacco, consuming or possessing alcohol or illegal drugs in the Learning Resource Center.
- Carrying weapons of any sort.
- Soliciting or selling of any kind, unless approved by the Learning Resource Center Director.
- Leaving children unsupervised in the Learning Resource Center.
- Coming into the Learning Resource Center with any animals, with the exception of animals used as assistants to persons with disabilities.
- Harassing, threatening, blocking or in any way interfering with the free movement of any person or persons including Learning Resource Center staff.
- Being disrespectful to Learning Resource Center staff or patrons, or behaving in an inappropriate or discourteous manner.
12/5/2011 11:07 AM