Requirements for Credit
Units are awarded by amount of hours worked during the semester. For each 60 hours of unpaid work interns complete they will receive 1 unit of credit. For each 75 hours of paid work interns will receive 1 unit of credit. Credit is allowed to a maximum of 4 units of credit per semester.
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5 in order to be eligible for an internship through the COS Business internship program.
- Students must complete an Internship application and return to the Internship office at Kern 713F. Along with the completed application, the student will provide a current professional resume.
- List at least two COS professors as references and indicate the course and semester you had the professor (i.e. Acct. 1 Spring 2012). You need only list the professors, the internship office will contact the professors on your behalf.
- Students will be required to have a signed code of conduct form on file with the internship office.
- Students will be familiar with utilizing the COS e-mail account.
- With the site supervisor interns will develop measurable learning objectives. These objectives will be approved by the internship coordinator.
- Interns will complete the on-site work experience
- Interns will maintain a log of hours and submit monthly time cards to the internship coordinator that have been signed by the site supervisor.
- Interns will check for e-mails from the internship office on a regular basis.
- Interns will be required to help schedule a meeting between the site supervisor and the internship coordinator for the intern evaluation.
- Interns will complete a self evaluation describing:
- Specific skills developed
- New or expanded knowledge gained
- Personal development that took place
- How career awareness was expanded
- Interns will complete an exit interview at the end of the semester.
8/28/2012 9:48 AM