Internship Code of Conduct
Interns will be expected to act in a professional and ethical manner. The intern's conduct should make the employer want to host interns from this college in the future.
The following is expected of interns representing the College of the Sequoias:
- Adhere to the Code of Student Conduct with specific regard to the drug and alcohol policy. “Students and guests of students, regardless of age, may not use or be in possession or under the influence of alcohol or unauthorized drugs on either the main campus, college farm, Tulare Center, Hanford Center or at COS sponsored events. Violation of this regulation may result in citation and/or suspension or expulsion from college. (25608 Business & Professional Code)”. This includes internship sites.
- Maintain confidentiality of work-related projects and personnel.
- Familiarize yourself with, and adhere to, relevant organizational arrangements, procedures, and functions.
- Understand what constitutes a permissible work absence and who to notify if absent, be prompt with being on time to work and with assignments; give it your best effort.
- Changes in work schedule, supervision, or problems at the site must be reported to the COS internship coordinator.
- If the intern feels victimized by a work-related incident, contact the COS internship coordinator immediately.
- Dress appropriately for the work setting.
- Follow through on commitments.
- Do not conduct personal business during work hours (i.e. e-mails, cell phones, and internet).
- Keep a positive attitude
- Keep an open mind; avoid jumping to conclusions; try to make informed judgments
- Be observant – see how people organize their ideas and respond to situations
- Communicate – keep people informed in a useful and succinct way, listen and ask questions.
- Be fair, considerate, honest, trustworthy, and cooperative when dealing with co-workers.
- Assert ideas in an appropriate and tactful manner.
- Seek feedback from supervisors, accept suggestions for corrective changes in behavior and attempt to improve performance.
- Accept constructive criticism and continuously strive to improve performance.
- Seek to enhance professional effectiveness by improving skills and acquiring new knowledge.
I agree to the above stated College o the Sequoias Internship Code of Conduct and will make every effort to abide by it.
Signature ________________________________________ Date____________________
8/28/2012 9:48 AM