Business Division Computer Security Policy
Business Division computer labs used by any person for unauthorized or improper use will meet with one or more of the following penalties:
- Reprimand: revocation of your Computer Use Permit and a letter of reprimand placed in your file
- Fine: assumption of financial responsibility for any repairs resulting from such use.
- Removal: from class & computer access
- Expulsion: expulsion from COS
Unauthorized or improper use include(s):
- Installing any software to local or network drives
- Running any software...from a floppy, zip or CD unless specifically instructed to do so by an instructor
- Attaching any hardware to any computer
- Making any changes to an existing computer setup unless specifically instructed to do so by an instructor
I agree to abide by the rules stated above concerning computer use in the Business Division at College of the Sequoias and understand the consequences of non-compliance. I understand that I am accountable to all COS employees (including student lab aides). If I have any concerns, I am to contact the Business Division office in room 711B as soon as possible.
Warning: A grievance may be filed against you and the College if you view Internet materials that are deemed "offensive" by another person or group of people who also can see that material. Choose your research resources carefully!
- The lab in 712A is for homework use only!
- Downloading of games or software of any kind is prohibited.
- Students are only allowed to play the games already installed on classroom computers, but cannot access the internet for gaming of any kind.
It is important that you read and understand the rules
1/14/2013 5:29 PM