ALL EXAM QUESTIONS COME FROM YOUR LAB ASSIGNMENTS.
- Understand how to calculate percent gradient of a hike.
- Understand how to calculate slope in feet per mile.
- Know how to calculate the discharge of a river using the formula Q=AV.
- What happens to the velocity of a river when it passes through a narrower
- Know how to calculate the velocity of waves uses the formula V=L/T.
- Explain why Death Valley is so dry.
- What is magnetic declination?
- Does a large scale map display a large or a small area?
- Which travel faster, primary waves or secondary waves?
- Is a bajada a depositional or erosional landform?
- Which way do crenulations bend on a topographic map?
- What is desert varnish and how long does it take to form on rocks?
- Is a butte a depositional or erosional landform?
- You will have a matching section on rock types.
- On a topographic map, you’ll be asked to find:
1. The contour interval
2. Use the Township and Range System
3. Calculate distance.
4. Calculate minutes of latitude and longitude.
5. Find the geographic center of the map.
3/14/2012 1:25 PM