ALL EXAM QUESTIONS COME FROM YOUR LAB ASSIGNMENTS.
- Where are the frequency of thunderstorms the highest in the United States?
- What are the wind speeds of tropical depressions , tropical storms, and tropical cyclones?
- With regard to the Township and Range System, how many acres are in a section or a quarter section?
- Understand how sections are numbered in a township.
- Know how to calculate distance within a township as you travel from one section to another.
- Do baselines run horizontally or vertically?
- Would a bar scale be accurate at all latitudes on a Mercator projection?
- What are themes with regard to maps?
- Which map used in your GIS labs displayed true shape? Which one displayed equal area?
- Define the term map projection.
- Why are flat maps distorted?
- Does a small scale map show a relatively large area or a small area?
- Understand the earth’s grid including where the major reference lines are located.
- Know how to do latitude and longitude problems (you will be asked to move around the grid finding locations).
- Is a meridian a great circle?
- Understand time zones and how to perform time zone problems.
- Understand the terms solstice and equinox, and the significance of the Tropic of Capricorn, the Tropic of Cancer, the Arctic Circle, and the Antarctic Circle.
- Know how to do orographic uplift problems.
- What does adiabatic heating do to the relative humidity of a descending air parcel?
- Understand the relationship between wet bulb and dry bulb temperatures with respect to relative humidity.
- Do winds blow from high pressure to low pressure or vice versa?
- Understand the relationship between latitude and average annual temperature range.
BRING SCANTRON 882
3/14/2012 1:25 PM