Practice philosophizing in an easy-going setting; no previous experience with philosophy needed.
We meet once a week in the Kern building from noon to 1:00 PM. For the location, look for posters on campus or on my office door Kern 730A.
Bring a friend, your lunch and join us once a week to discuss topics such as:
- Should we look out for others or just ourselves?
- Is it okay to lie?
- Are we more than nerves, organic matter, and synapses?
- How can we decide what is true?
- Should minorities emphasize their ethnicity?
- Should men and women be treated differently?
- Should euthanasia be legal?
- Are we by nature, good?
9/22/2011 4:51 PM