COLLEGE OF SEQUOIAS
COS CHEER IS A YEAR ROUND SPORT
Tryouts are held each year in the end of April.
Besides circuit training, running, weight training, we take gymnastics and work on dance skills.
Practice starts mid June, three days a week and continues through the school year. The team cheers at all Football games home or away, all home Women's Volleyball and all home women's and men's Basketball.
Last year the team competed at the USA Cheer Nationals in Anaheim
STRONG AND ATHLETIC FOR STUNTING
GYMNASTIC OR DANCE EXPERIENCE A PLUS
STRONG LEADERSHIP SKILLS
HIGH JUMPS & KICKS, SPLITS
EVERYONE WILL BASE
SMALL AND ATHLETIC
FEARLESS, FLEXIBLE and TIGHT
118 POUNDS OR LESS
NOT EVERYONE IS MENT TO FLY
- Be healthy, enthusiastic and a positive role model
- For the Fall semester you will enroll in P.E. 142 Cheer Performance class MWF 1:00-3:00 mandatory practice time, no exceptions. Weight training TTH.
- Once you have made the squad you must pay $100 to order your new equipment.
- All athletes must carry over 12 units each semester here at COS. (Take 15)
- All athletes must Purchase a COS Student Body card for both semesters.
- All team members MUST be free all day Saturdays for Football games home and away and Wednesday nights 6:00-9:00 for all home Volleyball and Basketball games (Sept - Feb)
- Pay estimate of $350 for uniform, shoes and warm ups.
- Be able to practice during the summer Time TBA (usually early mornings)
- Pass a basic school physical and drug test, which will have random tested throughout the year.
We are always looking for team members with:
- ABOVE AVERAGE ABILITIES
- PROJECTION & ENTHUSIASIM
- POSITIVE ATTITUDE
RULES AT PRACTICE
- No gum
- Always have a spotter!
- Be helpful and respectful to each other
- Be early
- Short nails and no jewelry
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT LINDAA@COS.EDU
3/5/2015 11:22 AM