Welcome to COS!
Starting college can be confusing, so here at COS we've created an Orientation program to guide you and introduce you to resources available on campus. Orientation is a mandatory requirement that can be fulfilled one of three ways:
At Giant Days, you have the opportunity to meet other new students, win prizes, play games, and find out about the MANY services available on and off campus designed to help you succeed!
- Found by logging into your banner web account. Here are step by step instructions:
Are you interested in COS but not quite decided? Check out a preview of our orientation video
1. At www.cos.edu, click on "banner web" in the top right corner.
2. After logging into banner web, click on "Student & Financial Aid"
3. At the very bottom, find "Orientation" and click on it. You will be redirected to the COS Orientation.
Face to Face Orientation
- A great option for many students because it allows for a personalized Orientation experience that gives you the opportunity to ask any questions you may have about the campus or services available. Please call 737-5410 for more details or to find out about Face to Face Orientation times. All Face to Face orientations are held in KERN 733 on the Visalia Campus, A202 on the Tulare campus, and E37 on the Hanford Campus.
As part of the process of being a new student, we offer extended orientation workshops. These workshops cover a multitude of topics and are held at various dates and times. Please click on the link to find out more information and to RSVP to a workshop.
If you have any questions at all, please call our office at 737-5410 or stop by Giant Forest, room 202. Have a great semester!