COS Orientation Program Mission Statement
The College of the Sequoias Orientation program seeks to promote student success by facilitating ease of transition to college for new students, connecting new students to campus resources and programs, and preparing students for the institution's educational opportunities, services, and student responsibilities.
COS Orientation Program Goals
1. The COS Orientation Program will provide new students with information and opportunities to explore academic success strategies.
2. The COS Orientation Program will provide new students with the ability to understand and articulate the benefits and challenges of a diverse campus community.
3. The COS Orientation Program will provide new students with a sense of connection to the institution and the community.
Starting college can be confusing, so here at COS we've created an Orientation program to guide you and introduce you to resources available on campus. Orientation is a mandatory requirement that can be fulfilled one of three ways:
- At Giant Days, you have the opportunity to meet other new students, win prizes, play games, and find out about the MANY services available on and off campus designed to help you succeed! RSVP for this year's event by clicking HERE.
- Found by logging into your BannerWeb account. Here are step by step instructions:
1. At www.cos.edu, click on "bw" (for BannerWeb) in the top right corner.
2. After logging into BannerWeb, click on "Student & Financial Aid"
3. At the very bottom, find "Orientation" and click on it. You will be redirected to the COS Orientation.
As part of the process of being a new student, we offer extended orientation workshops
. These workshops cover a multitude of topics and are held at various dates and times. Please click on the link to find out more information and to RSVP to a workshop.
If you have any questions at all, please call our office at 737-4849 or stop by the Welcome Center. Have a great semester!