Concealed Carry Weapon (CCW) Firearms Safety Course
The COS Training Resource Center has partnered with the Tulare County Deputy Sheriff Association to offer 4 hour CCW classes.
A one-day, four-hour class required by the Department of Justice in order to apply for a CCW Permit, or to renew your CCW Permit.
Tulare County Residents: You are only required to take the 4 hour CCW class in order to apply for a CCW Permit.
Kings County Residents: You may be required to take the 16 hour BSIS Firearms Safety Course to apply for a CCW Permit. You will need to check with the issuing agency to whom you will be applying for your permit (i.e. Hanford Police, Kings County Sheriff's, etc.). Some Kings County agencies only require the 4 hour class and others require the 16 hour class.
For FAQ's regaring the 4 hour CCW course, please visit this webpage: CCW-FAQ
Here is what some of our previous students are saying about the class:
- “Instructor was knowledgeable, professional and interesting"
- “Very informative. Learned a lot more about ammo and safety than had anticipated. Great!!”
- “Fantastic class, great information, excellent delivery by instructor”
This is a not-for-credit course.
As such, you will not earn units and the class will not be reflected on your banner schedule or on transcripts. As a not-for-credit course, Financial Aid cannot be used to pay for or offset the costs of this course.
- March 21: Tulare Campus (Instructor: Sam Cui)
- April 18: Visalia Campus (Instructor: Truman Jennings)
- May 16: Tulare Campus (Instructor: Sam Cui)
- June 20: Visalia Campus (Instructor: Truman Jennings)
- July 18: Visalia Campus (Instructor: Truman Jennings)
- August 15: Visalia Campus (Instructor: Truman Jennings)
- September 19: Tulare Campus (Instructor: Sam Cui)
- October 17: Visalia Campus (Instructor: Truman Jennings)
- November 14: Tulare Campus (Instructor: Sam Cui)
- December 12: Visalia Campus (Instructor: Truman Jennings)
Classes held on Visalia Campus:
915 S. Mooney Blvd.
Visalia, Ca 93277
John Muir Building, Room 107
Classes held on Tulare Campus:
4999 E. Bardsley Ave.
Tulare, Ca 93274
Building B, Room 224 (upstairs)
Scroll down to the calendar that says "Tulare County CCW Classes – Non-Shooting, Classroom Instruction Only (College of the Sequoias)"; find the class you want to register for and click on the date; click "continue" and follow the prompts to register.
If you have problems registering, or do not have a computer, please call Rankin Field at 684-8853. Please note that they are closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, but open on the weekends.
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
for the Training Resource Center cancellation and refund policy.