This 16-hour course contains information required of current and future SMOG check and repair technicians to obtain or retain their emissions license for the State of California.
Who Should Attend:
- Initial applicants seeking a license, complete this course prior to obtaining a license
- Currently licensed Smog Check technicians, complete this course to renew a license that expires before January 2015
What You'll Learn:
- The new technician/station grading process
- In-depth about the catalytic converter and how it works
- Common testing methods and techniques
- Overview of Smog Check testing issues
- The current Smog Check Procedures Manual and Reference Guide
- Bonus Instruction:
- Diesel Testing -- the basics in inspection and component identification
This is a not-for-credit course.
As such, you will not earn units and the class will not be reflected on your banner schedule or on transcripts. As a not-for-credit course, Financial Aid cannot be used to pay for or offset the costs of this course.
SMOG License Requirements
Instructor: Michael Chicconi
College of the Sequoias, Cedar Bldg., Room 422
Dates and Times:
Saturdays, October 12 & 19 - REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (must attend both class sessions in the month you register for)
Registration for Class:
- Registration and payment is required prior to the date of the class
- Register early, space is limited to 20 participants!
- Click here to register for this class.
Click here for step-by-step instructions on the registration process.
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
for the Business, Industry & Community Education student cancellation and refund policy.