Fees and Expenses
||$46 per unit
||An enrollment fee of $23.00 is charged per 1/2 unit.|
||$257 per unit ($211 non-resident tuition+ $46 per unit)
||The non-resident tuition fee for foreign students is $211 per semester unit and when the student is both a citizen and a resident of a foreign country, a $100 NON-REFUNDABLE processing fee must accompany the application plus all applicable enrollment fees. All guidelines and regulations for fee refunds are the same for all other students. All fees are mandated by the State and are subject to change without prior notice. All fees are due at the time you register for class(es). If you drop, or are dropped after the refund deadline, you will still be responsible for all fees owed. Any increase in fees after the student registers will be charged and billed accordingly. |
|A mandatory health fee is charged each semester to all COS students enrolled in classes for units or who are repeating a class under the Community Service Option. Fee waivers are available for religious reasons. Contact the Health Center for more information or call 730-3880. The health services fee helps support campus health services, including accident insurance.|
$9 for part time students
$10 for full time students
|Charged to all students|
|Activity / Benefits Fee
$15 per semester if student is enrolled in 6 units or more.
|Optional purchase of a photo and identification card entitles you to all the privileges of Associated Student Body membership, including local merchant discounts. Cost is $15 per semester, charged with 6 units or more. * |
*May be waived. See the Student Life and Leadership office within the first two weeks of the semester.
|Student Center Fee
||$1 to $5 depending on number of units enrolled
||Student Center fee. By California state law, this fee may only be used to finance, construct, enlarge, remodel, refurbish and operate the COS Campus Center. The state does not pay for student center construction at any office of the colleges or universities; instead, it allows students to do so. This fee will be collected each year indefinitely.|
|Student Representation Fee
||$1 per semester if student is enrolled in 6 units or more.
||A waiver of this fee can be obtained for religious, political, moral, or financial reasons. The Representation Fee is an includable cost in student budgets for students receiving federal and/or state financial aid benefits.|
|Students wishing to park on campus must purchase a semester parking sticker. Parking permits are purchased on a semester basis. The parking permit for both full-time and part-time students is $25.00 per semester . Motorcycle and Moped parking is free in designated areas. CSU, Fresno students are charged a $25.00 parking fee per semester. Students are charged a $10.00 fee for a summer parking permit. |
If you pay for a daily permit and the machine fails to issue one, you may obtain a permit from another lot or from the Campus Police Office. Notify the Campus Police Department immediately of the location of the machine that is malfunctioning.
Students wishing to utilize handicapped parking on campus must purchase a campus parking permit AND obtain a free handicapped parking permit from the Access and Ability Center or display a DMV issued place-card.
- No parking permit is required in Lot 5
- No parking permit is required in Lot 6, student parking after 2:00 p.m.
- Purchase of a parking permit does not guarantee a space will be available
- The College District is not responsible for losses due to theft or damage
Parking Fee Refunds - Parking refunds will be available to students withdrawing from school through the end of the second week of instruction. PARKING REFUNDS MUST BE REQUESTED AT THE DISTRICT POLICE.
- Lost semester permits may be replaced at the same cost as the original purchase price. Stolen permits may be replaced only after the permit is reported stolen to Campus Police.
||A material fee may be levied in certain courses approved by the Board of Trustees. Fees vary and are noted in the Schedule of Classes. Materials fees are refunded to students who completely withdraw from class the last day of registration before the semester begins or if the class is cancelled by the college. There are no material fee refunds once the semester begins. Textbooks and school supplies vary. These costs, however, vary according to the student's major. New and used textbooks and essential supplies may be purchased at the COS Bookstore.|
IMPORTANT NOTICE!!! Please pay fall semester charges before July 1st or within 2 weeks of registration; spring and summer charges must be paid within 2 weeks of registration (unless financial aid or another agency will be paying your fees). If another agency pays your fees, please let us know by calling 730-3868 to insure we have the correct billing information on file.
Enrollment and Health Fee Refunds
Enrollment and health fees for students who reduce units or completely withdraw (not including short-term classes) from college prior to the end of the SECOND WEEK OF INSTRUCTION will be as follows:
- Refunds are given ONLY by student petition. Forms can be obtained at the Cashier's Office located in Room 102
- Students will be charged a $5.00 handling fee on enrollment credits only
- Reimbursement petitions will be processed and sent within 14 days.
- Students may carry a refund/credit balance and use it the following semester to avoid the $5.00 handling fee
- No refunds will be given for classes dropped after the first two (2) weeks of school (or short-term classes dropped after the first class day). For Summer, no refunds will be given for classes dropped after the first two (2) days of the semester
- No refunds for material fees will be given unless the student drops class prior to the first day of the semester
- Credit balances will be carried forward to the following semester
Payment of Fees
Payment of fees may be made on the:
- WEB ( www.cos.edu ) by credit card (Visa, Master Card, American Express or Discover Card) or;
- by check or money order payable to COS and mailed to: Attention Cashier's Office, College of the Sequoias, 915 S. Mooney Blvd, Visalia, CA 93277. Write your SSN or Student ID number on the face of your check - DO NOT MAIL CASH ; or
- in person at the COS Cashier's Office or Hanford Center by cash, check, money order, credit card or agency payment (financial aid). Credit card purchases may be subject to pre-approval. The following policy applies when payment is made by personal check:
- Check is for the payment due only
- Must provide photo identification and social security number
- Imprinted checks only
- In-state checks only
- No personal two-party checks
- Non-sufficient funds checks are turned over to ACA of Boston. The no sufficient funds check charge is $30.00 plus customer bank charge which will be added to all returned checks.
Books may also be purchased with Master Card or Visa. Students are encouraged to purchase books after attending the first class session.
For questions regarding collections or refunds on fees, please contact 730-3868.