COS Welcomes You!
We are pleased that you have chosen to attend one of California's finest community colleges and we wish you every success in achieving your educational goals.
Information to Gather Before Beginning:
- Social Security number (required if you plan to apply for financial aid or work on campus).
- Names and dates of all high schools and colleges attended.
- A valid e-mail address that you check frequently (unique for each student).You can set up a free account on Yahoo, Hotmail, Google, etc. if you don’t have one.
- VISA, permanent resident card or any other residency documentation (if applicable).
Tips for Various Student Types:
Concurrently Enrolled High School Students
In addition to the application, a Concurrently Enrolled High School Student Permission Form is required to be submitted every semester that you plan to attend. Enrollment fees are waived for up to 6 units per semester; however, non-resident fees are not waived and the AB540 fee waiver does not apply to students who have not graduated.
New High School Graduates
Please enter information on your summer/fall application as if you have already graduated. Failure to do so may delay your registration.
Students who have not attended for two or more semesters are required to re-apply for admission.
There may be a delay in processing if:
- Mistakes are made. Even simple typographical errors can cause problems.
- You don’t provide a correct Social Security number.
- Residency information is incomplete.
- Birth date is incorrect.
- Your name has changed.
Please check the e-mail account that you provide on the application for important information including information on how to set up your COS e-mail address. (You may need to check your junk file.) It is very important as it is COS’s official means of communication.
Steps to Complete:
- Complete the COS Web Application (This could take 10-20 minutes).
- Complete the FAFSA – highly recommended.
- Complete orientation (web or on-campus) .5 units earned and charged.
- Take placement tests (prior to seeing a counselor).
- Meet with a counselor.
- Register for classes on Banner Web (different than applying for admission).
- Check your schedule and bill on Banner Web.
Required information should be sent to:
915 South Mooney Boulevard