Nursing Assistant Course
This program is a single course that can lead to certification.
Successful students will be eligible to sit for the certification exam.
Students completing this certificate will acquire skills, knowledge, and abilities to receive a certificate permitting practice as a Nursing Assistant. Once students successfully complete NURS 260, they are eligible to take the certification exam given by the State of California Department of Health Services Licensing and Certification.
ENTRY-LEVEL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES: Upon successful completion of this certificate, students will be prepared for employment in the following jobs: hospitals, nursing care homes, home health settings, outpatient settings, and senior/assisted living settings.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATE COURSE
NURS 260 Nursing Assistant 6 Units
Requirements for Nursing 260 Course
· CPR Card: American Heart Association Healthcare Provider
· Health Clearance/Physical Examination: By Physician or NP only
· Transportation to Health Care Agencies and College of the Sequoias
· TB Skin Test clearance: 2-step process is required at start of program (used for initial skin testing of adult healthcare providers), yearly thereafter.
If a PPD reactor, provide copy of Chest X-Ray results to the Health Center at the Visalia Campus. If the X-Ray is over 12 months old, a surveillance form from a physician stating the student is asymptomatic may be accepted.
· MMR(Measles/Mumps/Rubella) vaccine: 2 doses or positive titer
· Hepatitis B: 3 doses or positive titer
· Varicella (Chicken Pox): 2 doses or positive titer
· Td/Tdap (Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis) vaccine : All adults who have completed a primary series of a tetanus/diphtheria containing product (DTP, DTaP, DT, Td) should receive Td boosters every 10 years.
· Fingerprint Fee $52.00
· Background Check $90.00-$120.00
· Uniforms $50.00-$75.00
· Course Registration $276.00 ($46/unit)
· Textbook/Supplies $50.00-$60.00
· State Certification Testing Fee $90.00
(after course completion)
TOTAL: $608.00 - $673.00
* All amounts listed are approximate and may change at any time.
For more information regarding this certificate program, contact:
Shelli Giles • 737-6266 • John Muir 125