AG COUNCIL - This organization is in charge of all of the activities that happen on the Agriculture Campus. The advisor is Mr. Tebeau. Meetings are the first Wednesday of each month.
AG BUSINESS CLUB - Every agriculture student is welcome to participate and join the Ag Business Club. The club has broad appeal and value to every agriculture major ( i.e. , crop science, animal science, equine, etc.) Become a business leader in your field by meeting 'real world' managers and business owners. The club meets the second Wednesday of each month at 12noon in room 2003. The Advisor is Mrs. Baltis
The mission of the Ag Business Club is to
- Develop and promote Agriculture Business events on campus, in the community and the county through events and tours
- Provide education, experience and business network opportunities
AG MECHANICS CLUB - meets the fourth Wednesday of the month at 7:30am in room 2001. If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Tebeau at 730-3904.
The mission of the Ag Mech Club is to
- involve students in the agriculture mechanics industry
- connect and interact with other students who are interested in agriculture mechanics
- establish long-term relationships with individuals in the industry
DAIRY SCIENCE CLUB – The Dairy club typically shows cattle at the Big Fresno Fair and the Great Western annually, as well as
other events on campus. New members are welcomed to join the Dairy Science Club. We plan to have an
exciting year and we’d like you to become part of the fun. Club members meet the third Thursday of
each month at 12noon in room 2008. The advisor is Mrs. Motley.
The mission of the Dairy Science Club is to
- involve students with the dairy industry
- connect and interact with the community and share our interests with the public
- meet to gain the support of the community, dairy industry and other clubs
EQUINE CLUB - meets the first Thursday of each month at 12noon in Port 2. The Equine Club is always looking for enthusiastic
equine students who will embrace community outreach projects and bring a positive and professional
attitude. Mrs. Pitigliano is the advisor.
The mission of the Equine Club is to
- promote the equine industry
- provide equine education to the community
- empower our future equine leaders
The Equine Club will participate in the following activities this year
- Intercollegiate Horse Show Association (IHSA) competitions at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, UC Davis,
Stanford University, Regionals, Semi-Finals and Nationals
- International Ag Expo, Tulare, CA, Fundraiser
- COS Ag Farm Open House Pony Rides
- Intercollegiate and 4-H Horse Playday
FLORICULTURE CLUB - meets the last Wednesday of each month at 6pm in room 2012. The mission of the Floriculture Club is
to promote the floral industry through interaction of students and business through community
activities. Annually, the Floriculture Club participates in California Association of Florists
workshops, American Institute of Floral Designers workshops, Holiday Floral Sales on COS campus .
Ms.Thomspon is the advisor.
LIVESTOCK CLUB – meets the first Thursday of each month at 12noon in room 2000. New members are welcomed to join the Livestock Club. We are looking forward to a great year! The advisor is Mr. Britton. The Livestock Club annually participate in the following activities:
- The Little Farm of Horrors (haunted farm)
- Host Club Social for all ag students
- Christmas Tree Decorating Contest/Adopt a Needy Family
- COS Farm Open House Activities
The mission of the Livestock Club is to
- enhance our knowledge of animal science
- gather and/or identify native aquatic and terrestrial species
- meet to share common interests with other agriculture students
ORNAMENTAL HORTICULTURE CLUB - meets the third Wednesday of each month in room 2012.
The mission of the Ornamental Horticulture Club is to provide opportunities for students to develop leadership skills
by participating in
- community service projects
- club meetings
- fundraising activities
PLANT/CROP SCIENCE CLUB - The Advisor is Dr. DeSilva. This club is involved in community activities to inform the public about plant science and modern crop production.
VET TECH CLUB - The VT club meets regularly.