Welcome to the web page of the Office of Research, Planning & Institutional Effectiveness (R-PIE), which supports the District’s planning activities, outcomes and assessment cycle, grant requirements, mandated reporting requirements, Essential Learning Initiative, various research projects, accreditation needs, ad-hoc requests, and other requests that directly support the District mission.
The Mission of the Office of Research, Planning & Institutional Effectiveness is to provide research, planning, and assessment services to all segments of the College community. We take pride in collecting, analyzing, interpreting, and presenting research findings to administrators, faculty, and staff for use in advancing the COS Mission.
- Team-oriented: Build, manage and nurture teams;
- Accountability: Take responsibility for our own actions;
- Integrity: Commit to open, honest and transparent decisions and relationships
- Continuous Improvement: Commit to on-going assessment and evaluation;
- Innovation: Pursue innovations in data management systems that are critical to continuous improvement of quality;
- Solutions: Generate sustainable data-driven solutions to achieve excellence.