President's Scholars Program
The President's Scholars Program recruits and rewards high-achieving high school seniors to attend COS as a rigorous and meaningful transition from their Central Valley high school experience to four-year colleges or universities.
Scholars by definition demonstrate greater focus, self-discipline and endurance for the rigors of college-level academic work and as such have achieved higher academically while in high school. Scholars are typically highly motivated, focused and energetic in their approach to their learning. Research shows that scholars often desire advanced experiences including participation in higher level research studies, academic explorations, professional development and published works.
President's Scholars not only benefit from being grouped into a selective cohort for their own support and personal growth, but serve as models for all students to pattern their collegiate planning and efforts to succeed. Scholars also benefit from regular meetings with the College President focused on college and career planning.
What does the program offer?
- Paid tuition and enrollment fees for full-time student status (12 unit minimum) for 4 semesters (not including summer)
- Books stipend of $250 per semester
- Monthly lunch meetings with the college president focused on career and college planning, and leadership development
- Educational field trips with the Superintendent/President
- Specialized counseling and support services
- Ambassadorial events with the college president (service clubs & fundraisers)
9/16/2016 11:15 AM