Measure J Bond
College of the Sequoias Tulare Campus Improvement District No. 3
Thank you, voters!
What will Measure J do?
Build 93,000 square feet of academic buildings in Phase 1 of the COS Tulare College Center with almost $60 million in state funding. It will offer general education and vocational education, and it will allow students to gain certificates, degrees or transfer to a four-year university.
- Provide parking, library, food service and other student services funded with almost $13 million in local money. This is the local match required for the academic building.
- Create a Vocational Education Complex to be built in Phase 2, funded with $27 million in state money and $2.7 million in local match. Courses here will focus on training students for high-demand jobs such as welding and farm equipment repair.
- A Farm Animal Complex will be built with $14 million in state funds and a $13 million local match. facilities will be shared by COS and TJUHSD Ag programs.
- The Tulare Ag Pavilion, a venue for events and competitions, will be fully state funded.
- Provide classrooms and farm animals buildings housing Ag career training courses including animal science and diagnostics; ornamental horticulture; and dairy, equine and plant sciences.
- Provide computers and health education programs for Lindsay.
- Fund projects in Corcoran such as equipment for the Technology Learning Center, renovation of science labs or a correctional officer training program.
If you have questions regarding the Citizens' Bond Oversight Committee, please contact COS President Stan Carrizosa, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Some documents are stored in PDF format. In order to view them you will need Acrobat Reader. If you do not already have Acrobat Reader you can download a free copy by clicking the icon below.
10/23/2015 10:05 AM