Measure I Bond
Measure I College of the Sequoias Visalia Campus Improvement District No. 2
Thank you, voters!
On November 4, 2008, voters in Visalia, Farmersville, Exeter, Woodlake and other surrounding communities approved Measure I, a School Facilities Improvement District (SFID) bond to refurbish and upgrade facilities on the Visalia campus and provide for future growth.
Measure I Citizens' Oversight Committee Members
Bond Committee Information Packet
What will Measure I do:
- Fund Nursing technology and equipment for the nursing program. Currently, COS trains almost 75 percent of all the nurses working in the area's medical facilities.
- Fund up-to-date computers and technology to ensure that education is current and to improve distance learning.
- Fund security upgrades on campus including code blue emergency phones and exterior lighting
- Fund the required $5.5 million local match to receive $12.5 million in state funds to modernize instructional buildings that house the social science, language arts and business/computer classrooms.
- Pay the remaining $4.3 million debt on the Science Building
- Fund acquisition of land for parking and expansion to meet long-term needs.
- Lease classroom space for the Health Professions Continuing Education program.
- Fund the required $1.2 million in matching funds for upgrades and repairs ranging from roofs to plumbing.
- Replace systems with more energy-efficient technology, for an estimated annual savings of $100,000.
- Renovate the COS Theatre and replace or repair aging 1970s equipment.
- Fund the local match of $1.3 million for the new gym, in order to receive $14.4 million in state money.
If you have questions regarding the Citizens' Bond Oversight Committee, please contact COS President Stan Carrizosa at firstname.lastname@example.org or 559.730.3731.
Some documents are stored in PDF format. In order to view them you will need Acrobat Reader. If you do not already have Acrobat Reader you can download a free copy by clicking the icon below.
11/4/2013 4:30 PM